A Sign From Above?


Just shoot me. I hopped into the Rabbit after my lunch errand yesterday and I heard a “plink” sound from the back end as I released the ebrake. Increased rolling resistance and a newly non-functioning ebrake cable meant I was not going anywhere fast. I babied the car home after work, and pulled the driver’s side rear spindle apart to find that the self-adjusting wedge on the drum brake mechanism had fallen and basically stuck the brakes on. Rear drums aren’t really that efficient, so it wasn’t a major crime to drive home on it, but what a pain in the butt. Now I either have to find a brake shoe to replace the fried one with, or finally get around to installing that rear disc conversion I started building last fall.

Rear brakes



Related posts:



Related posts:



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий